|Jessica Liliana Rayon Soto||(5255) 5342-9089|
|Pavel Esquivel Vazquez||(5255) 5342-9083|
|Indices and Statistics Deputy Managing Directoremail@example.com|
|Ruben Alfonso Perera Santos||(5255) 5342-9050|
|Information Products, Indices and Statistics Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
In last years, a new trend to invest in sustainable companies has begun, based on the premise that a sustainable company will generate profits on the long term and will be best prepared to deal with the economic, social and environmental challenges that might arise.
To encourage the incorporation of sustainable programs and socially responsible practices of the listed Mexican companies, BMV create a new family of indices that can be used as a reference for ETFs, only considering companies with global recognition in terms of sustainability.
Other BMV initiatives in sustainability matters include:
- Jointly work with the UN to encourage more companies to sign the United Nations Global Pact.
- Training and workshops for pensions funds about the benefits of joining to PRI (Principles for Responsible Investment) UN
- Workshops with the IDB (Inter American Development Bank) on carbon projects and funding assessment.
HOW IS THE SUSTAINABILITY EVALUATED?
BMV is supported by Universidad Anáhuac as the responsible for the sustainability ratings.
Sustainability is based on three principal pillars: Environment, Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance.
- Corporate sustainability ratings ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) – Universidad Anáhuac.
- Download S&P/BMV IPC Sustainable